Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

goodbye & hello!

I don't know about you, but 2011 was a hard year. I was challenged in every way possible (financially, spiritually, mentally, physically, emotionally) and my true friends rose above the bs and came to my side. Thank God for friends, accountability, and hope. I don't think I would have made it to the today with such high spirits if it wasn't for good people. But the year wasn't all bad, 2011 was filled with some good times so let's cut to pictures!

 I crossed off working in NYC from my To Do List. Picture is from The Met and Jacque Torres Chocolate Chip Cookie which is the best thing I ever ate!

Had an all expense paid work trip to Chicago. It was a great summer! Started off as hell but ended it with a bang!


 Many trips to Disneyland with the Sister.


And a very special trip to Bishop to see the trees with my mom.

My main lesson for 2011 was to have hope and to cling on to what is good. The year ended with a slew of movies watched but the last one for 2011 was The Adventures of Tin Tin and boy did that movie speak to me. Captain Haddock says something to Tin Tin towards the end of the film that stuck with me (may be a spoiler... so skip this section if you plan on watching it).

Captain Haddock 
I thought you were an optimist.  
Tintin
You were wrong, weren't you? I'm a realist.  
Captain Haddock 
Ah, it's just another name for a quitter.  
Tintin 
You can call me what you like. Don't you get it? We failed.  
Captain Haddock 
Failed. There are plenty of others willing to call you a failure. A fool. A loser. A hopeless souse. Don't you ever say it of yourself. You send out the wrong signal, that is what people pick up. Don't you understand? You care about something, you fight for it. You hit a wall, you push through it. There's something you need to know about failure, Tintin. 
You can never let it defeat you. 

So here's to you 2012! I will never let failure defeat me!  
Happy New Year everyone!

9 comments:

  1. happy new year

    xo
    www.myjiglyciouslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year! I love that you said you were thankful for accountability by the way

    -meesch
    http://www.aperfectkindofday.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I love that quote from Tintin :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope 2012 brings you much happiness and love sweet Grace! God's blessings on your new year hun! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! And you've got a lovely blog.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. that chocolate chip cookie looks amazing!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a fabulous 2011 and I'm excited for you in 2012! You just made me homesick for Chicago. But that's ok. New Year's resolution is to be back home this year :D

    Happy New Year!
    http://stylespotlighted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos. I love peeking into the year everyone has had and the photos shared. The cookie looks amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, love, inspiration & I'll make sure to check you out!